GTS Scientific completes Retained Search For 12 Gene Therapy Jobs in 2020
A leading Philadelphia biotech company, focused on unique gene therapy research, had several highly successful financing rounds and it was time to expand the management team including multiple Vice President positions for technical operations as well as various director level positions. Utilizing internal resources to source, screen and select personnel would have taken vital resources away from the Company’s core operating goal – developing transformative therapies for rare, monogenic central nervous system disorders. The Company needed experts who would manage talent acquisition of a 12-person leadership team with the strategic and operational skills to improve performance and fuel the growth of the Company. Referred by one of the world’s leading life science investment companies, the gene therapy company turned to GTS Scientific because of their extensive industry knowledge, proven ability to fill multiple positions simultaneously from a national pool of qualified candidates, and a local presence to ensure the hands-on support the Company desired.
GTS Selected 51 Qualified And Interested Candidates Of Which The Client Interviewed 42. (An 82% Sub-Interview Ratio)
GTS Scientific’s existing knowledge of the industry and strong relationships with qualified leadership within the gene therapy industry enabled them to quickly react to the Company’s specific hiring needs. The GTS Scientific team tailored the search approach, identified candidates, interviewed, and elected a qualified shortlist for the Company’s Chief Technical Officer to hire.
Leadership Positions Filled
- Vice President, Gene Therapy Clinical Supply Chain Operations & Planning
- Vice President, Gene Therapy Manufacturing Operations
- Vice President, Gene Therapy Process Development
- Associate Director, Analytical Development
- Associate Director, Manufacturing Operations
- Senior Director, Downstream Process Development – Gene Therapy
- Senior Director, Clinical Supply Chain Operations – Gene Therapy
- Director, Gene Therapy Manufacturing Operations
- Executive Director of Analytical Development
- Director, Upstream Process Development – Gene Therapy
- Associate Director, Downstream Process Development
- Associate Director, Quality Control
Of the 42 interviews, 12 candidates received and accepted offers. (29% interview: offer ratio)
The Company stayed focused on their business of gene therapy development while GTS Scientific took care of the recruitment process. Initially retained for 9 positions and ultimately expanded to 12 positions, GTS Scientific saved the company countless hours of valuable time typically spent sourcing, screening, and selecting candidates. Soon after meeting with GTS Scientific, the Company began interviewing multiple qualified and cohesively screened candidates, and within six months, offers of employment were extended and accepted for 3 Vice Presidents, 1 Executive Director, 2 Senior Directors, 4 Directors, and 3 Associate Directors.